Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vacation is over. The future looms.

I've been home from vacation a week.
It was a very good vacation.  The first half we spent at my brother's house (in Florida).  Our first day there we just "hung out" trying to get in the vacation mood.  After that we just wandered around seeing the local sights.  We went to the botanical garden, Silver Glen Springs, Fort DeSoto & Indian Rocks Beach.  In fact, our last night with my brother we went down to the beach, watched the sun set over the gulf and then went for a moonlight swim in the ocean.  Nice...

Depite our fervent search we never saw an alligator in our adventures in the wild. 

The second half of our vacation was spent at a hoity-toity resort in Orlando.  Peter was attending a big neurology symposium.  It was so awful.  Peter got to go to event after event and talk after talk while I was exiled to the pool, the spa and the lazy river.  Poor me.  A dear friend flew down from Minne-snow-ta to hang with me at the pool for a few days.  It was very nice to have someone help me harass the cabana boy, Sylvestre, and to float with me down the lazy river.

We were very excited to finally spy an alligator as soon as we got to the resort.  There was a 6 to 8 foot alligator floating in the golf-course water hazard right next to the parking lot!  It puts Oregon's golf course water hazards to shame!

It's been just crazy since we got back.  There was a big art show at the high school.  Jill, my resident artist, won an art scholarship.  It was a very exciting moment when she was awarded the scholarship.  She was called up and handed an envelope.  She got her picture taken.  People applauded.  It was wonderful.  She got back to our table and opened her scholarship envelope and inside were 4 (4!!) $1.00 off coupons to the local coffee shop as well as a piece of paper that said she needed to go to the H.S. bookkeeper to finalize the scholarship.  That didn't seem like much of a scholarship to me!  We were very confused.  As it turns out it was actually a $250.00 award.  Not too shabby after all I suppose.


While I was at the art show waiting for the ceremony, my realtor called.  I shouldn't have taken the call.  But I did.  I was rude.  It turns out someone made an offer on my house. It wasn't a very good offer and I have now made a counter offer.  They want to close by the end of June and I will need to be out by July 2nd or 3rd.  That's always been the plan.  But now I'm being "forced."

I have to confess... I think all of this has made me a bit of a wreck.  That's 39 days away!!  I still don't know where I'm going to live.  I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. 

Inhale.  Exhale.  Inhale.  Exhale.    I'm better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment