Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Alpaca Update

Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is the big day. I get to bring Cadbury and Chupa home.  I know I said we could back out of the deal but I don't think either of us could have.  Not really.  We had quickly fallen for these animals.  In fact, on the way home on Friday Peter said, "she's such a beautiful little thing.."  at least 4 times.  I think he was sold on them before I was!

We've been working hard around here getting ready for their arrival.  Of course, it's not ever as easy as it sounds.  The pasture where we want to put them needed trees cut back and blackberries removed.  Peter had to go to the office and actually work.  It's been raining nearly non-stop.

We're still not done with the fencing but the weather is supposed to get better, Peter doesn't work tomorrow and we should manage to be mostly ready by the afternoon. I did get to visit them again a couple days ago.  We just happened to be near their current home on Sunday and I just happened to have an apple in the car.  We stopped by to see them.  Cadbury ate most of the apple while eyeing me suspiciously, Chupa smelled the apple and apparently decided it wasn't as good as momma's milk.  While we were there Chupa became fascinated by the farm cat and then quickly got distracted by the chickens and went running after them.  She is all legs and such a baby.  Her antics are very entertaining.  


I should mention while we were shopping for fencing material Peter insisted on getting fencing material that would be suitable for Alpacas AND goats because, he says, since I can't make up my mind he's convinced we'll end up with both eventually anyway and we might as well be prepared.  He's probably right.

1 comment: