Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spring Fever

The dreary days are upon us.  Day after day of rain and mud and muck and gunk.  Not that I have SAD or anything - or maybe I do but this weather makes me ache for long summer days, grass, flowers and sunshine.

The little house on the ditch is desperately in need of some TLC and we have summer plans for just that.  But summer seems a long way off and I've got the ache now.  I'm restless and I'm ready for something to brighten my day.

Being a child of the virtual age I decided to do home improvements THAT way.  For now anyway.

This is the before picture of our little house on the ditch.


The first thing to do was some basic clean up.  Sorry, Peter, but work clothes do NOT belong in my virtual fantasy:



Paint!  The house desperately needs painting.  I wanted a bright cheery color and I'm not satisfied with this one.  I might go a bit more yellow for the real world - but for now this works.


I think the house looks like a face without eyebrows.  It needs more trim.  I was thinking shutters but Peter thinks trim will be sufficient.  For now we'll stick with just trim.  


Actually I hate to admit it, but he may be right.  Trim seems sufficient and it's definitely getting better.  Still needs more though.  Uhmm... oh - how about nice green grass??



I hear a colorful front door is a feng shui sort of thing.  I chose purple.




More color is needed.  I think flowers are in order.



and then the last, most important thing..  chickens and a chicken coop. 



 You know, I didn't touch the gray sky but it actually looks brighter.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

I'm done (for) now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I like the purple front door...I think I might have that color out in the barn ;-)

    ReplyDelete