Monday, April 15, 2013

Say Cheese!

The lovely people that hooked us up with Cadbury and Chupa have goats.  And their goats had kids.  Two beautiful little twin girls.


For lack of anything better they have been dubbed One and Two.  Two has the black stripe down her back. We went to visit them on Saturday and of course, I fell in love.  They bounce and they play and oh my they are cute little things.  Angela said that as cute as they are, they really don't want to keep the goats.  Mostly they wanted to get their goats milking.  They certainly succeeded at that because they sent me home with a quart of fresh goat milk.

I made cheese.  yummm..

The worst/best part of all this is that it has fueled my little goat shop dreams all over again.  I really like alpacas, but I still think I would love goats - now I think that more than ever.  The worst/best part of THAT is that Angela wanted me to rename One and Two because she knows, in her heart, that I'll take them when they are ready to leave their mom and she thinks they should get their final names now.  I'm struggling with whether or not I should take these two darlings.  I want them.  Really bad.  But my reality is that I don't have a great set-up for alpacas and adding goats to the mix has the potential to just be a nightmare.

Despite the fact that I can't decide - I've named the kids Een and Twee.  (that is pronounced Ane and Tway)  That's Dutch for One and Two.

I have such problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment