Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finally, in a store near you!

In a store near you if you live in Lynden.

I've been busy busy busy.  Knitting and felting.  SharonTopia has been getting filled with this and that and those and these.

I knitted and felted a basket:

I knitted a bag out of ribbon and lined it with some lovely yellow satin:

I researched ETSY and and other on-line sources to sell my lovely creations.  I was not happy with the process involved in selling through those avenues.  

Since I live in a tourist town.  Or at least a town that is desperately trying to be a tourist town I figured maybe there was a place for me here locally.  We have a Dutch Village Mall downtown that is undergoing renovations trying to put life back into our downtown core.  (Mind you, our downtown is one street, three blocks long...)  The Dutch Village Mall houses a local theater, a Thai restaurant, a hotel (in the windmill portion) and a canal that runs the length of it, filled with large koi.



A cute little chotskies shop called "The Hen House" has recently opened it's doors in our newly renovated mall.  

Today I bundled up most of the bags that I have made in the last few years and carted them down to the shop.  Paige (the lovely shopkeeper) seemed quite pleased by them and gladly put them in her shop.  I'm sure her pleasure had little to do with the nice commission she will make and more to do with the fine work I was stocking her shop with.  Despite her commission, if the bags sell for what we priced them at I will still make a fine profit. 

I'm excited and eager to see how they sell - or even IF they sell.  I'm ready to start knitting and making more items.  I'm ready to quit the post office and make this my career.  Hahaha.  Kidding.  I am sure I will never get rich, but it WOULD be great if I could at least get this hobby to pay for itself.

1 comment: