Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm a little concerned

Some time ago I waxed eloquently about not becoming one of those "crazy goat ladies" with a million goats and all these goat chotzkies and people swinging wide to avoid me when they see me on the street.

Well.. I'm a little concerned I'm becoming the "crazy chicken lady."

I have a blown-glass chicken in the window sill, I now have a lovely little framed "chicken undressing" print on the wall.  Not to mention three actual chickens in the yard.  More than enough chicken things for any person.

And then I saw the lamps.  Stained glass chickens.  They were on clearance.  Which was good because the original price was $349.99 a piece!   I offered $50.00. They counter-offered at $60.00. I walked out of the store without a chicken lamp.  I couldn't stop thinking about them!  I fought with myself for days.  Man I wanted one of those lamps.  After an entire week I gave in and got one.  It was beautiful.  It sat with honor in my family room glowing away in chicken glory.  Illuminating my way through the room.  I was very pleased with my purchase.

In the back of my head I kept thinking about the chicken I left behind.  It must be lonely (yes.. I KNOW it's inanimate).  They were a pair!  How could I split them up?  It would be like splitting up Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.    Like popcorn without butter.  Like birthday cake without ice cream!

Yes..  I went an got the other one.  I'm a lost cause. 

Sincerely,
The crazy chicken lady.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lamps, chickens. Waiting for another posting. How's the "girls" doing? W.C and U.A

    ReplyDelete