Sunday, August 28, 2011

Have I mentioned the stove?  The stove in our house had a short and it's about 60 years old.  If you touch it and the sink at the same time it shocks you.  If you stand on the metal trim on the floor and touch it, it shocks you.  Not fun at all.   It's apparently done this for years but Peter has learned how not to get zapped.

Yesterday remodeling moved into the kitchen and the horrible stove was in the way of painting and it shocked me repeatedly while I was trying to clean.  It HAD to go.  I don't demand things very often of my husband - but yesterday, I demanded the stove be tossed (I demanded, of course, in the nicest possible way), but I was done with it.

Once we got the stove out, Peter took a look at the back of it.  We think we found the problem:


I think I shall name him Mickey.

After painting the walls and the trim I began to paint the grimy, icky, textured ceiling.  As I applied paint, the ceiling started coming down on me.  It just started to fall off.  I felt a little like Lucy as the candy started going faster and faster down the conveyor belt.  My original plan was to keep the texture up there (seemed easiest at the time) but I was being forced to change that plan.  Such a messy process.  I like the smooth ceiling better than the texture but I just didn't want to work that hard! 
Now I will need to go back and take the texture off the living room ceiling as well.  Anyone want to come and help?

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that...on the whole main floor! Getting rid of textured ceilings is a huge chore but once they're gone you'll be happy you did it...promise!

    ReplyDelete