Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Cake


Yep. I got some. Double Chocolate Decadence, I believe, was it's name. You really can't go wrong with anything called chocolate decadance. My birthday (#52!) was a week ago. Peter and I ended up going to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, Washington. It was a lovely trip where our intent was to research goats and fiber animals. We found a Pygora goat breeder who tells us she should have some kids sometime around April. I've started saving my money because April should work out just right.

After the fair we stopped at a local restaurant and had dinner and cake while we watched the sun set.

I got a spinning wheel! It's a Schacht ladybug. Selecting a spinning wheel is such a process. I made three trips to the spinning wheel store trying out each model and evaluating each one all the while hoping I would bond with one. I talked to more than a dozen spinners about preferences and pros and cons of each model. I finally settled on this one because of it's adaptability and size (and maybe a hint of a bond). I've already spun a small skein of yarn which I intend to knit into an accessory bag for my wheel perhaps (but first I have told myself I MUST finish my existing knitting project).

Before I get goats and bury myself in fiber and milk and hooves, I have gobs of stuff to do.. as always. The house remodel continues progressing. In the past week we finished the kitchen and living room, nearly entirely, except for the floor and grout work on my newly tiled wall. Yesterday we took down two trees that were too close to the house. Tomorrow we start taking off the roof. We're going to build porch covers over the two doors and then put on the new roof.
For the next few weeks - while the weather holds - construction will move outside. Then we'll get back to the interior. We still have the garage to convert into additional living space and then we need to gut and re-finish the bedroom. Easy stuff. (cough cough).

Tomorrow I get to climb up on the roof. I should go to bed.

G'night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh = Shame on me I forgot your BIRTHDAY!
    What a nice piece of Chocolate Cake that was...
    Sorry, life's been happening, It was the VMCS Girls' Pedi-weekend! Happy Birthday!!
    ; ) Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you're enjoying your new life! Great about the spinning wheel for wool -- maybe you will sell some of the wool that you have spun when you're ready to make money at your new sport! We won't be coming to see you two this weekend. We are needing to prepare the house for our grandson's visit the next weekend since he is crawling. Have lots to babyproof and clean! We want to head your way though so once again, we will try to coordinate a future date, well, sometime in the future of course!! Love you! sand and mark <3

    ReplyDelete