Monday, April 9, 2012

Houseguests: The good. The bad. The ugly.

Now - which category shall I assign to which guest?  Such a tough call!

The Bad:

Spiders!  They weren't just house guests - they were clothing guests.  Somehow they got into my clothes.  Maybe there was only one that was particularly hungry - all I know is by the end of their visit I had 19 bug bites. Bites on my thighs.  Bites on my stomach.  Bites on my shoulders.  Bites on my back and Bites in places I can't mention.  I itch.  Everywhere.  My clothing and everything else (towels, sheets, etc) that touches my skin has been thoroughly laundered.  I think they are finally gone.  Ack!


The Ugly:
Monsters under the house!  They moved in a few weeks ago totally uninvited.  They run up and down the ductwork.  They have loud parties every night.  We posted an eviction notice on the crawlspace door.  Apparently they can't read and have chosen to ignore the notice.  We placed a trap under there which remains empty.  Three nights in a row we sent in the local eviction expert, Kat.  She was unsuccessful in her bid to remove the uninvited guests.  We're pretty sure our invaders are squirrels.  It's getting worse, they are moving up in the world, last night we heard them up in the attic.  Perhaps we'll escalate the retaliation and put all FIVE cats under the house at once.  That should do it.

The Good:

My daughter.  She has come for a short visit. Short visit or not, I'll take what I can get!  We drove down to Salem Saturday night to scoop her up, had a lovely Easter visit with Kyle and his bride and then got home last night.  She'll be here until Wednesday morning.  Two full days here.  It's so nice.  She and I spent the day today shopping, lunching and pedicuring.  Tomorrow it's a day of arts and crafts. I think we'll make some cookies, work on my studio chandelier, weave newspaper baskets and just hang out. Cuz we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment