Monday, March 11, 2013

Construction. Day 2.

The end of day 2 finds me not quite as exhausted as I was Saturday.  Today we headed off to the toxic waste disposal place.  It turns out not all our toxic waste was toxic at all.  Latex paint is non-toxic and can be disposed of with regular trash, as long as you make it solid.  Fortunately the place did take all the nasty stuff so we don't have to worry about THAT anymore.

On our way home we stopped and rented a concrete saw.  Peter applied himself to the task:


I applied myself to the task of turning latex paint into a solid.  I do distract easily though and before I knew what came over me I was swirling the pretty colors together and entertaining myself quite nicely.  I know.. I'm a slacker and I did eventually get all the liquid out of the cans and spread out in boxes so it can dry.


 While I was playing with paint, Peter continued working on concrete removal.  He hammered on it with a sledge hammer, while I burned paper in my chimenia.  He pried on it with a pry bar, while I played with kitties.  He got the farmer next door with the really big tractor over to help lift sections while I wandered around the field with the alpacas.  The result of his efforts are below.  That's Oliver, Intrepid and Minuit, our outdoor cats, hamming it up in the photo.


The concrete was much thicker than expected and was not going to be removed as we had planned.  Our next step is a jack hammer.  I wonder what I can find to keep myself busy while Peter uses that?

No comments:

Post a Comment