Monday, March 18, 2013

Construction Days 5, 6 & 7

Day 5 found Peter needing to rest and recuperate.  His hands were damaged and needed time to heal.  So Thursday Peter mended and I went to work at the Post Office.  I keep hoping I will wake up one day and not hate my job.  It didn't happen on Thursday, in fact I was having fantasies of quitting before 10:00 a.m.  Then to add insult to injury - I found out I will be covering for vacation again next week.  That doesn't fit in construction plans at all. 

But I digress and I whine.  I was talking construction.  Not much progress has been made in the last three days because of the rain.  It has been coming down in deluges.  It's been miserable and makes me very cranky.  Today was really the first day we had reasonable weather in ages.  We ran out with enthusiasm to greet the pretty day.  Surprise!  It was really cold!  But at least it wasn't raining so we bundled up and got to work.  We made progress before I bailed out to go get alpaca food.  Shortly after I got back Peter bailed out to go to the office.  Together, but separately, we got the concrete up from the west side of the parking slab.  Now we need to dig up the gravel, then dig out the top soil.  The new parking slab is going to be much higher, slightly smaller and off-set from the old one.  Our front lawn will be bigger (and actually a lawn!).  

It's nice to be making visible progress.


In case you're wondering, the stripping of our kitchen floor has been stopped in the middle and my studio has doors, but all construction has been halted in favor of THIS construction.  That's okay. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment