Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 1

I have a confession.. I don't have a goat shop. I'm a barely adequate IT professional who has a burning desire for a career change.

I thought of starting a little coffee shop. But let's face it, the market is glutted. There is a coffee shop on every corner in every town. I've missed THAT boat.

After much thought and serious ruminating I've decided to quit everything and raise goats. It sounds so romantic. Cute little goats, organic goat's milk. Organic goat cheese. Organic goat soap. Perhaps I shall knit slippers and sweaters from wool I gather from my future pygora goat. I shall have a little goat shop and sell my wares on a little goat shop web site. It's a perfect plan.

Today while doing goat research I discovered that one must do such things as "fecal testing." There goes the romance! I'm also thinking going from writing code to testing poop might be WAY too much of a stretch for me. But then again, maybe not.

It's also not a decision I'm committed too. What I am committed to is making a change... the goat thing is mostly symbolic.

I'm starting my Two Year Plan of Escape (TYPoE). I'm giving myself 2 years. In the mean time I'm going to keep plugging away at my solid & reliable employment, going to work everyday, doing the best I can with a big smile on my face and in the back of my mind I'm secretly plotting my escape. It will keep the boss wondering what I'm up to.

Day 1 is coming to a close. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment