Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 3

Last night I worked on my knitting skills a bit. I think I'm getting better and certainly faster. See? Knitting one row.. purling the next. I think it looks quite stunning. My next lesson is creating a cable. That sounds like great fun.

Today I looked up how to make goat's milk. I found out you can use fresh/frozen milk or even canned milk. Unfortunately the directions I found still just give directions on how to mix the milk with the lye and then substitute the regular water requirement in the soap with this mixture. So.. I guess my next step should be to learn how to make "regular" soap. Then learn the goat's milk twist. Baby steps. I must take baby steps.


I've offered my backyard to a friend for her wedding the end of May. This is a good thing. I have 2 months (or 1/12th of my alotted escape time) to get my back yard in order for her big day. Anything I do will help to sell my house - and that's on my to-do list! This is a win-win situation. Here's where the wedding will take place. It needs some cleaning up, a paint job, flowers & fairy lights but I think it will be lovely. By May 30th the clematis on each end should be in full bloom and with any luck it won't rain on her big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment