Saturday, August 7, 2010

I love GoodWill


I so SCORED on knitting needles today. It was a bit of a grab bag. I paid $6.99 for this set. I couldn't tell what was what - and I certainly couldn't tell what was in the needle case. I bought them anyway. It was a gamble. How was I to know that inside the wrapped needle case was every size imaginable in double-pointed needles?? New those would probably cost close to $100.00. Although the colors are a bit mished and mashed - there were only three needles that didn't have mates in the standard needle sets. It was a steal!


I've been rethinking the "funky pink bicycle goal." Mostly because the following conversation took place the other day.
Peter: "Where are you going to ride your funky pink bicycle to?"
Me (trying to be particularly charming and future-wife-like..): "I will make you lunch and pedal down to your office every day and bring you a lunch made with love." (and I didn't even cough or gag saying it!)
Peter: "uh.. remember? I'm going to build a new office, connected to the house. That's not going to be a very long bike ride."
Me: "oh.. umm.. then I don't know where I'll ride my bike to."


So a funky pink bicycle with a cute basket and streamers on the handlebars may not be very useful. I'm not sure where I would go on it. I suppose I could make local goat shop deliveries with it. If the weather was not too hot, not too cold, not too windy. But blocks in his neighborhood are seriously 2 miles long. I couldn't travel more than a couple of blocks...

This bicycle thing may have to go. Perhaps a sturdy mountain bike to navigate the goat pasture and the laneway. That might be more practical.. but not near as cute or fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ride the bike to my house, silly.
    BTW...I want one too, we'll be the crazy ladies down the road with the pink bikes ;)
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Shelly. Perhaps you'll show me your lovely new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete