Monday, August 23, 2010

Chicken coop - final answer

Back on June 30 I set myself a list of To-Do's before the year was out. I've been busy trying to get them done.

I've gone to the Street of Dreams. I went to Oneonta Gorge (one of Oregon's true hidden gems!). Yesterday I went to the Hallie Ford Museum (it was closed!) and then I went to the Mission Mill Museum (it was closed too!) Yesterday was weird.. but I'm certainly making a dent in that list. Too bad I have to go back for a do-over on the museums.

Peter was here this weekend. He brought me a dozen red roses on his arrival. He drove down Thursday night. We did the Oneonta Gorge thing on Friday as well as drove around Carson, WA looking for a cabin my family used to go to when I was a child. He did his seminar thing and last night he got to work on the chicken coop. He didn't get it finished. Sigh.

When he left this morning, it was an emotional farewell. We kissed (shh.. don't tell anyone!) We hugged (awww). I waved as he drove down the cul-de-sac and turned the corner. Double sigh.. He called me at noon. I asked if he was in Seattle yet. He said that no, he was just getting to Salem.

I was confused. It turns out when he drove away from my house he went due west instead of north. He spent the morning at the Oregon coast. Men! I would have been cranky, except that he came by the office and took me to lunch. Then he came back to my house (while I toiled away at work) and finished the chicken coop. Finally.. except for the roof.. That's going to be my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment