Wednesday, February 16, 2011

134 days

Today, at work, I was introduced to my successor.  Her name is Suzanne.  She startted shadowing me after lunch.  I was a tad unprepared for this move.  The reality hit me like a wrecking ball.  I can't be anything but happy, but still - I'm moving.  I'm leaving my job.  I'm abandoning this life and starting a new one.  uh.. YIKES!!!

It started out small, just an idea, but it's quickly picking up speed.  My house is under construction.  It's being measured for new carpet on Monday.  I'm preparing to move my trailer north.  I'm getting out from under some bills (poor Jill is going to miss her car!).  I'm picking paint colors and light fixtures.  I have NO idea what to do with my chickens. I don't know where I'm going to live, I don't know how I'm going to pay my bills.  I don't know so many things.  I'm on a road that's pointing downhill in a car with no brakes.  At the bottom of the hill there is a huge cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom (yet somewhere down there I know is Peter saying "Jump honey, I'll catch you!  Everything will be fine.")  Every second it's getting closer and I am hurtling pell-mell toward it.  Again..  YIKES!

1 comment:

  1. You will do great and it will all come out fine. It is always hard to make such a drastic change. Peter will keep you going and it will be OK.

    ReplyDelete