Sunday, February 27, 2011

Change

I found myself in a bit of a funk this weekend.

Peter, being the clever fellow that he is, asked me what was wrong.  I didn't know but made up some story about my knee being sore.  It honestly was sore (I wasn't just looking for sympathy) - but I knew that wasn't the reason for the mood.  Today it dawned on me after some serious ruminating.  It's all this change!  Not that I don't look forward to all that's coming, it's just really, really hard and overwhelming right now.

It started in earnest when I started training my replacement at work, and then last weekend kept the momentum going when we started going through the things under the house and in the garden shed.  Kyle announced his wedding date (July 24th).  Jill and I bought a 4-month calendar and plotted the next 1/3 of a year.  Good gracious we'll be busy in the coming months!  Last Monday my house got measured for new flooring.  This weekend involved finally getting Jill's FAFSA submitted, drywall repairs, painting and another load of stuff to the dump.  My house looks like a war zone.

It's all so much so fast.  I am overwhelmed. My kids are growing up so fast.  How did this happen?  I don't get it.  2 years ago, 2 years seemed so far away.  I think the gas pedal on that car racing toward the cliff is stuck.

Perhaps I need to step away from all this for a few days.  Or perhaps I'll just take a deep breath, have another glass of wine and have faith that it'll all work out.

1 comment: