Friday, March 25, 2011

I have a new banner

Isn't it lovely?  Keep your eyes open for more new banners in the future.

I made the old banner at work a couple years ago (I'm sure it's not why I got laid off!)  When I left my last job I had to leave my cool software behind.  It was very sad indeed!

I've missed that software desperately.  I really liked that part of my old job.  I used to put hair on bald co-workers, make people glow in the dark, create logos, banners, website graphics and icons.

Well the other evening I was sitting on the sofa and Peter came in the room  (he's been here this week helping me get my house ready for the market) and he said..  "I have a present for you!"

Then he handed me a pretty hot pink silicone keyboard cover.  Of course it didn't fit my keyboard, but it WAS a pretty color so I thanked him for it.  Then he said, "I have ANOTHER present for you!"  He left the room and came back with a copy of Photoshop CS5.  How exciting!  I love Photoshop!!  I got all excited.. then I noticed it was a Mac version.  How very sad.  :(   I was trying to figure out how to tell him I don't have a MAC and that he bought the wrong version.  I hemmed and I hawed and I pondered how to turn this lovely gift down.  I was getting sadder by the moment as visions of editing photographs faded from my dreams.  Then he said, "Wait!  I have another present!"  He left the room and came back with large box.  In that box was a 21" iMac.

Oh my gosh!  It's so cool!  I've never had a Mac before.  I'm struggling with it a bit.  I'm a pc girl from the beginning of time. I keep looking for the right click, I really miss the backspace key.  But other than that - it's really really neat.

After I got it all set up, Peter added one more thing, "Now you can edit my photos for me!"  I knew there must be an ulterior motive!  Oh well, it's so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. What a generous gift!

    I've been using a Mac as my primary computer for the past four or five years. For daily stuff it can't be beat, but I still jump on the PC almost every day for tasks that require a lot of processing power (which was cheaper to get in a PC).

    Not that you asked, my computer usage breaks down like this:

    E-mail, blogging, Skype, MS Office work, music listening -- Mac
    Video editing, audio editing -- My souped-up PC
    Surfing the web, watching Netflix online, and travel computer -- Netbook

    I regularly use the above three computers, and occasionally fire up my Windows '98 PC, which has my only full-featured copy of Adobe PhotoShop (ask Peter if he'll give me a copy to put on my newer PC). I have a Windows 95 machine that I probably turn on every couple of years.

    Once you get the hang of your new Mac, you'll love it. But PCs, especially with Windows 7, are just as good.

    ReplyDelete