Sunday, March 13, 2011

The migration begins!


This weekend I hauled my trailer up to Peters.  It was a quick trip - up yesterday, home today.  I also stuffed the trailer with a bed and a shed  (hah! that rhymes!),  The first official moving of stuff north.  How exciting and scarey!

I wasn't looking forward to pulling my trailer through Seattle traffic by myself and as it turned out I ended up with a passenger.  I had a friend who had a friend in Seattle she wanted to go see.  It worked out so well!  She rode along keeping me company, helping me see to change lanes, keeping me calm and assisting in the cursing of other drivers.  In fact, here is one conversation:

Me, as this guy cut us off for no good reason:  You Ass!  Did you see what he just did?
She:  Yes!  He is an ass!!

What a good friend!  I don't think she saw the incident at all.. but she cheerfully agreed with me!

I dumped her unceremoniously at Walmart in Lynwood and continued my journey alone.  I picked her up on the way back today.  It was nice to have the company and she got to spend some quality time with an old friend. 

When I arrived at Peter's house, the plan was to park the trailer in the barn.  My trailer is, after all, 20 years old and starting to show it's age.  Being out of the weather will be good for it.  Peter has spent the last few days clearing out the barn so that I could park the trailer in it. The problem was, when Peter wasn't looking, his nephew parked his car in front of the barn door and went away for a few days.  The nephew thoughtfully left the key behind, but not the instructions on disabling the anti-theft system. 

We were unable to move the car.  It was all very frustrating.

I ended up having to leave my trailer parked in a most inconvenient place.  It's definately in the way and Peter does not have a vehicle to move it with once the way is clear into the barn.  It will be interesting to see what happens next...

3/15/11 - update - Trailer made it into the barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment