Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time flies like an arrow.. fruit flies like a banana

Here it is.. June 22.  Where has the time gone?

Jill turned 18 yesterday.  By 6:00 pm she had two tattoos.  I wonder if the things she is so passionate about at 18 will still be relevant at 35?  55?  or beyond?  Sigh.. kids.  What can you do?  (Legally I mean...)

My job ends a week from tomorrow.  At this moment in time I don't have a lot to do at work.  Mostly just taking care of the occasional customer who has come to depend on me.  They have someone else to go to now, but you know how people are.. they like the familiar.  I'm just like a comfy pair of worn out slippers to them.

I'm not letting the prospect of joblessness get me down.  I've been applying for an assortment of jobs and taking placement tests.  I rocked at the reading portion of the tests. Didn't do so well with the math portion.  Percentages & multipying or dividing fractions continue to be a challenge.  It makes me wonder what I was doing besides math in high school math class. I'm pretty sure there is a 60/60 chance I was there most of the time.

I also just got word (like 10 minutes ago!) that the buyers accepted my counter offer of their counter offer of my counter offer of their offer on my house.  I was at my absolute lowest point and couldn't have gone down any farther.  Yay!  They take possession July 25th.  Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that the inspection and appraisal go in our favor. 

I leave for Hawaii (yes.. ANOTHER vacation!) in just 12 days.  I've never been to Hawaii.  We're going to Maui.  I'm really looking forward to watching Jill get a surfing lesson, kayaking out to the green sea turtles and taking the road to Hana. It's really not so bad being jobless!  So far...

1 comment:

  1. Our invitations must have gotten lost in the mail?

    ReplyDelete