Thursday, June 30, 2011

The future looms.

Today was my last day at work.  I know.. old news.  It was emotional to say the least.

But now, it's done.  It's time to let go of the past and embrace the future.  To help with that, a co-worker  (oops.. EX-co-worker) gave me a small, used table-top loom.

I think my goat shop needs woven things.  It would be a good fit with the other things I envision for it.  My first attempt at weaving reminds me of my first attempt at knitting..  (see:  Day 2).  I certainly need more practice but I've been oogling looms at the spinning wheel store in Newberg for several years.  It's very exciting to finally have my own.  This loom was purchased overseas in the early 70's.  It's older.  I think there may be pieces missing.  But I'm having a ball with it just the same.

Once I get all moved and settled I think I can craft the missing pieces.  I think I would VERY much enjoy it too. In fact, I might see if I can rustle up a pattern for a larger loom and make the whole thing!  Won't that be fun?

Yeah.. I think I'm gonna dig this new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment