Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Aloha!


Our first day on Maui drew to a close with a beautiful sunset. 
It was a beautiful (and long) day - spent mostly trying to get here, get settled in and get oriented.  We did play in the ocean in front of our hotel for 1/2 hour or so.  The wind was blowing vigorously and the surf was quite powerful.  It would knock you about and push you over.  It would push you into the shore, and then suck you back out again.  Now I know how a log (or a whale) feels as it's getting tossed about on the way to getting "beached."  I had sand everywhere.  I mean EVERYWHERE! 

After our swim in the ocean (and a rinse in the outdoor shower) we went for a swim in the hotel pool.  I was entering the pool so very dignified when my foot slipped on a step and I tumbled head first into the water.  Good thing I have a sense of humor because I'm sure that was a most undignified show! 

Jill seems to be having a pretty good time.  I saw glimpses of the little girl she used to be as she played in the water.  She stood on her hands, she did somersaults, she wanted us to count how long she could stay under the water.  It warmed my heart. 

Peter seems to be having a good time too.  I saw glimpses of the little boy HE used to be.  He dove and did somersaults in the pool and tried to body surf (not so successfully..) in the ocean and generally frolicked.  Yes.  I think frolic would be a good description.

Oh..and I'm having a swell time.  I barely stopped smiling yesterday and I laughed through the surf tossing as well as the pool tumbling. 

By nightful we all agreed we were relaxed and happy.

sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment