Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Livin' the dream..

It's day two of living the dream.
  • I accidentally cut down five rows of onions.  Chopped 'em flat.
  • The dog barfed on Peter's carpet.
  • Left the wet towel on the bed which caused the bed to be all wet.
  • Weeded a bunch of plants that didn't need it.
I'm tired and slightly disheartened.  I'm sure tomorrow will bring a new outlook.

On the good side:
  • We hauled a dresser into Peter's room and I am now unpacked.  No more living out of suitcases for me. 
  • I found out Shelley (This old farm and someone who lives just down the road) has a microwave.  I may need to sneak down to her house to microwave a hotdog or something.
  • My dog - even though her stomach seems to be upset is really getting into the farm life.  She is listening and behaving (although I think she may be eating stuff she shouldn't be).  She is good with the animals.  She is preferring life outside to life inside.  She likes riding in the car.  She's like a whole new dog!
  • I've been looking into Pygora Goats.  I'm so not ready - maybe in the spring - but it's very fun to plan.
  • Someone is giving us 3 young turkeys as a wedding gift.  They are a cross between Bourbon turkeys and chocolate turkeys.  I'm kind of excited.  They are a heritage breed and very friendly.  So I hear.
  • My girls - Carmen, Carmen & Lucy are loving all the bugs and the things around the property.  We worked on their new coop tonight but didn't get it done.  They've been sleeping in the wood shed and really need a proper home.  I've been forced to quite numbering their eggs - since I can't find them!  Although Lucy, bless her heart, has layed her eggs right in the flower pot by Peter's front door.  How convenient.
Now - it's time for bed.  G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment