Sunday, July 17, 2011

Skwxwu'7mesh

Skwxwu'7mesh
That means Squamish in some dialect in Canada.
  • Kwtsa'7tsutsin means Olesen Creek
  • Ma'mxwem stands for Mamquam River
  • Saw'a'7elt is Stawamus Chief
Today Peter and I went up toward Whistler, B.C. to check out that place where we found crystals a few years ago. 

Didn't find much in the way of crystals but road signs were very entertaining and I just thought I'd share.  How on earth do you pronounce a numnber 7 when it's in a word anyway??

2 comments:

  1. and we thought you had spell check issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I'm finally catching up...love that you shared the wedding pictures ;)
    The rhubarb cosmos were delicious, I froze some of the juice so you two will have to come by for a little break and we'll have that "welcome to the neighborhood" cocktail.
    Congratulations and best wishes to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete