Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brrrrrr.. it's cold around here!

Current temperature is 16.  That's nearly balmy.  Last night it was just 7 degrees.  We have about a foot of snow on the ground and these days, before we even have coffee, we get up and shovel the driveway.  Talk about good times!

Despite the utter chaos we live in, I've managed to dig up my moon boots.  Remember those?  I've had mine since the late 70's.  I recently found out the manufacturer still makes them, in a retro pattern even.  They sell for about $170.00.  Yikes.  I'm sure I didn't pay more than $20.00 for these.


Saturday we were out shoveling snow and I had something in the toe of my boot. I took my boot off, adjusted my sock, because I thought it was bunched up under my toes, and put the boot back on. It was better for awhile but then it bunched up again and was quite annoying. 

I leisurely got back to shoveling snow (I'm not lazy - I'm just pragmatic) and resigned myself to putting up with my bunched up sock. It continued to be annoying that day and in the days since.  

While I was messing with my boots, Peter was shoveling snow into a long row with the intention of using the tractor to push it all over to the side.  The problem was, we couldn't find the tractor key.  Our house is in such disarray since we move stuff from here to there and back again on a regular basis, finding anything can be challenging.  After three days of intermittent searching, we just couldn't find the stupid key.

Yesterday Peter went to the tractor dealer and got two extra keys for the tractor. He brought them home and I said to him "Now.. if your luck works like mine, we'll find the missing key very soon."

I had to run outside 10 minutes later .. LITERALLY.. so I slipped off my slippers and slid into my moon boots, sockless.  That lump was STILL in my boot, making it apparent it wasn't a bunched up sock at all. I took the boot off, turned it upside down and the missing tractor key fell out.

I laughed so hard I nearly cried.  My boots are much more comfortable now.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe, you can sell them for lots of money as antiques.

    ReplyDelete