Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Like mother like son & daughter-in-law

My son and his wife have been visiting for the last few days.  We've gone sight seeing and shopping and eating and drinking.  Yesterday I left them to their own devices.

They had a great time.  They went to Canada and visited a goat farm, they had lunch, they shopped and came back with....  wait for it... Roving.  Yeah..  that fiber stuff I obsess about.  It seems my enthusiasm and passion is contagious.  Here is Kyle using his new drop spindle.


Here is Mary using my loom (and eating breakfast):

Needless to say, while the kids have been here, moving and settling in have been mostly put on hold.  I've unpacked a few things and sorted through stuff.  I peaked under that wallpaper and much to my horror I found that the wallpaper has been applied directly to the sheet rock.  I know what that means.  I wonder what would happen if I just saved myself a whole lot of time, effort and frustration and just took a belt sander to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment