Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things are looking brighter

Things are looking brighter in our little farmhouse. 

We still have the floors to finish.  All the old flooring is gone, all the tack strips are gone, all the staples and random nails are gone.  Goo is not gone.  I've removed all the wall paper that's going to come off without dynamite.  I'm ready to apply the skim coat and paint.

We have a small problem with the floors.  We have a hump.  A fine floor hump it is too.  It runs the length of dining room.  Peter has to crawl under the house and check out the joists, investigate the cause.  Then we have to figure out what to do about it.

Floors may be on hold - but general house progress is not.

The light fixture in the dining room was a bad hold-over from the 70's.  My house would be considered a bungalow, I think, and the 70's style is just wrong.  Replacing that smoked glass fixture has been on my mind since long before we moved into this house. As it turns out, I stumbled upon a fixture that I felt was just perfect.  It matched the style and era that belongs here and I really liked it.  Peter said he liked it just fine - but I think he was humoring me.  He does that sometimes.  I've asked him not to because it will give me a false sense of entitlement. He said that's not going to stop him.



I also found curtain rods with matching curtain tie backs.  My living room has windows on three walls - my dining room has two windows - the new computer room has two windows (that need to be replaced).  That's a lotta windows.  So now I have curtain rods, but I don't have curtains.  

I'm still looking for a light fixture for the living room, paint colors, windows, doors and more.  If you have use for an old light fixture - give me a holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment