Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Company is coming!

Company is coming and it's time to roll out the red carpet - or at least set up a proper bedroom.

Our friends from Portland have decided to head north for spring break.  They may stay here one night on their way into B.C. or they may make this their home base for day trips north.  As yet to be decided.  Either way - I'm excited.  I really like these people and I'm pleased for the company and the opportunity to show them my new world.  My biggest problem is that the guest room is seriously messed up.  This is what it looked like when I got the news:


The picture doesn't really do it justice - There is a pervasive odor in there, I'm sure from years of dust, 50 year old carpet and wallpaper.  It has nothing to do with cleanliness - old things just smell... old.  Not to mention stuff from the work on the other rooms has been crammed in there as well as items like furniture and art and odds and ends that just haven't found a home yet.

Three days of moving, shoving, stowing and stripping have left me with one little patch of wallpaper left.  The saving grace is that this wallpaper has come off the wall pretty well.  There still needs to be some sanding and a modest amount of wall repair - but nothing like the other rooms I've done. 


The room still smells.  I intend to remove the popcorn ceiling and the carpet.  Basically removing every visible surface in the room SHOULD do the trick.  Spring break is less than a month away - it's sure lucky I work well under pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment