Monday, February 6, 2012

Should I sit here.. or should I sit there.. or there or there or there....

We have furniture!  And oh what a problem that causes!  I now have to stop and ponder where to sit my seat.  Do I sit on the left end of the sofa?  The right end?  The middle?  The recliner?  The rocking chair??

Oh.. woe is me. Such a conundrum.

Peter has that end of the couch so I guess I shall have to choose somewhere else.

Getting to this point was no easy task.  Peter and I have spent that last week sanding and oiling and buffing and oiling and painting and repainting and trimming and more.  Exhausting work.  I shall thoroughly enjoy the luxury of sitting on my big red sectional - brought all the way from Salem and stuck in storage for the last 7 months.    The living room and dining room still needs picture rails, baseboards, curtains and artwork hung but it's definately feeling like home now.

The rest of the week I shall continue on with the computer room - We've done the floors and I have to finish the walls.

On the Goat Shop front - I got a message from the Lynden Farmer's Market late last week - time to make that a priority and get my stuff together for joining that fray.

A bit of sad news - and one that makes me question whether or not I can really handle the cruely and reality of farm life - Pepper, having recently successfully faced down a mean 'ol possum did not win the battle with a stupid ugly mean nasty bad hawk. He defended his ladies with valor and will be remembered as a hero. He has left behind 3 lovely little offspring who will always remind me of him. RIP Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment