Monday, July 5, 2010

How was your Holiday?

Lots of goings on around here. Where do I start? Hmm..

Goat shop dreams are progressing. Peter has an idea of where we're going to put the shop. I like that he seems to embrace the idea of this being real.

He came down to surprise me on the 1st (it was our kinda anniversary after all). He rode the train. Surprise! It was delightful and quite unexpected. I still had to work Friday though (bummer!) but after work we (Peter, Jill and I) drove up to Peter's house for the weekend.

Jill spent part of Saturday packing up Edna's things. She had lots and lots of chatzke's. Hummel figurines, porcelain eggs, dolls, knick-knacks & goo-gaws. We're helping Peter by cataloging and preparing them for sale.

While Jill was packing I got tractor lessons. I got to drive a tractor! It was fun - for the first 10 minutes - then I got a little dizzy going around in circles plowing the field. I started to make patterns in the ground. I tried to write my name. I zigged. I zagged. It was not a very effecient effort and after about 3 hours it was finally all plowed. I am really going to have to get more serious with the plowing if I'm going to be a good farmer and goat herder. I will need to learn to take things more seriously! or not. Hee hee.

Yesterday we went "adventuring." We went to Concrete, WA and prowled around the abandoned concrete plant. We had a picnic on an old conveyor platform overlooking Lake Shannon. Then we went to the big 4 ice caves - which were actually formed. This time last year there was still just a big ice field and not even a hint of caves.

After we got home last night we let the ducks and goose out to eat some slugs. In the mornings when they get out they run much faster, but they still make me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon...ice caves..cool! I've always wanted to go...isn't Concrete a funny little town?

    ReplyDelete