Monday, November 21, 2011

360 degrees

It has dawned on me that where I live is a mystery to some of my favorite people:   My brother and his wife who will be out to visit next spring, my friend Sherry who I keep inviting up to visit, my daughter-in-law and other dear people I know.  I talk of ditches and bachelor pads and border crossings.  So here is a quick tour of my new home:

I took these photos standing on the foot bridge that crosses the ditch.  The ditch is fed from a lake in Canada and was originally a creek.  For some reason, when they put in the road, they decided to split the creek in two and run it on each side of the road and re-name it a ditch.  Salmon spawn in our ditch.  I don't think it's actually a ditch at all.

The ditch occasionally floods.  That's a bad thing.  The bachelor pad is built on a cement slab at ground level.  That's not such a good thing either.   We're trying to create landscaping and such that will direct the water away from the house.

Looking North:

Looking West:


Looking South:

Looking East:



Now you know where I live.  Stop by anytime.

3 comments:

  1. Love the marshamallows! And I really like the new look for the blog. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snort laughed at the marshmallows...and as soon as I finish all of this silly molding I'm stopping by!
    Your friendly Freighbor ;-)

    ReplyDelete