Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gotta love the Haaaaaa-lidays!

Thanksgiving was lovely.  Wish I had a photo to share but would you believe I forgot to take any pics??

Peter and I rented a house down on the Oregon coast for 5 days and the kids came over and joined us.  Jill, Kyle, and his bride, Mary were there. The house was strange but we were all together.. as it should be.  We did jigsaw puzzles, played card games, went to the beach.  We harvested mussels and feasted on the bounty.  Jill was only able to come for Thanksgiving day.  (Peter and I briefly discussed the legalities of kidnapping my daughter and forcing her to relocate up here.  Would it be a crime if I'm her parent?)

Christmas is going to be hard for me this year.  Not only is it the first one with out my mother, but neither of my beloved children can be here for Christmas and it's really not possible for us to go there again so soon.  That's the bad news and it's sad news.  I'm slightly comforted by the fact that they will be spending Christmas with their father.  Something they haven't done in years so it's certainly past time for it.  Other good news is that Kyle and Mary are coming for the New Year and will be able to be here for most of a week.  Jill is trying to make arrangements to be able to join us as well.  (It would be a perfect time for a kidnapping!)

So now the push is on to move.  Today is the 11th, they will be here the 31st.  Yikes!  The trick is to coordinate the move with Peter's mother.  She has to move in here the same time we move in there.  We still have the floor, ceiling and walls to finish in the bedroom but we're taking stuff, one closet and armful at a time, into the big house.  I'm figuring a week (20 days tops) and we'll be moved - if not settled.  All of this chaos and activity will be the perfect remedy for my holiday blues.

Now I should go
no time to chat
I must grab a load
of this and that

Happy Holidays

1 comment:

  1. Freighbors are good at carrying things from here to there! Drop me a line on my bloggo, I could pop over and grab an armload (or ten) of back and forth stuff. ;-)))

    ReplyDelete