Friday, December 16, 2011

Racing toward the finish line...

Christmas is just 7 days away.  Kyle and Mary will be here in just 14 days.  I'm so glad we are making progress!

Yesterday I moved the bed into the living room.  It's quite cozy in here and I can drink my coffee while still in bed.  Gosh.. It's so cozy I can almost MAKE my coffee while still in bed.

The bedroom had 5 different kinds of carpeting in it.  There was an orange shag, a brown swirly patterned atrocity, and orange swirly patterned piece, another incredibly ugly and gross piece and then a salvagable beige berber over the top of that.  You can see three here:


By two o'clock the ceiling was coming down and the carpeting was coming up.


Sparky supervised.. and because there was a risk of asbestos in the popcorn ceiling, she wore protective gear:

By 10:00 pm the ceiling was all down and the carpeting was all out.  Tomorrow I attack the walls with bleach  (there seems to be a bit of a mold issue) and start filling holes and prepping the ceiling for the new finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment