Sunday, December 25, 2011

Still on Tenterhooks?

Still on Tenterhooks?

Let me put you at rest over that right now.  We didn't get the closet done.  Monday Move day will have to become Tuesday Transfer.  Tis very sad. 

We spent the morning exchanging presents and generally relaxing.  It was Christmas morning after all. Then we went for a lovely drive to Silver Lake and Maple Falls.  The weather isn't particularly cold today but it has been.  There was ice on the lake that glistened and sparkled, the water pushed it to shore in sheets that stacked up on each other.  It was beautiful.

After relaxing and enjoying the day, we finally got around to working on the closet about 6:30 pm.  We already had time working against us.  We made some progress and then it became apparent that I wasn't really being very helpful.  I'm not sure if there just wasn't much for me to do or if I just wasn't in the mood.  Anyway - I found other useful ways to keep myself busy, dishes, facebook, dancing with the cats and Peter continued building. 

Then we ran out of wood.

Construction ceased about 8:00
We have most of the framing done.  We still need to put in studs.  And of course the sheet rock.  And mud.  And paint.

I just hope it doesn't become Wednesday Welocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment