Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve fun!  This certainly has not been a traditional Christmas Eve.  No kids around.. No meals to plan, no presents to wrap.

Instead - construction.  We were supposed to get to work on closet building right off the bat this morning.  The problem?  It turns out my husband is pretty much a typical man. Quite an eye-opener for me because up until this point I really believed he was anything but typical.

We had just finished our morning coffee this morning when he looked at me and said..

"I have to go to town." 
I said, "without me?" 
His reply:  "Yes, without you." 

You know what that means... he had to finish his Christmas Shopping..  Maybe even start it.  No amount of prying could make him tell me what he was up to.  Oh well - I'll find out tomorrow.

Once he got back from his errands we had to eat lunch, then go all the way to Bellingham to purchase sheet rock, THEN we got to work on the walls.  About 7 pm.  sigh..

At 8:00 I was enthusiastically cutting sill seal.

By 9:30 we had some studs.

We quit at 10:30.. 
Wall is not finished.  Monday Move Day might be a bit touch and go. 
Are you on tenterhooks?  I am!

Merry Christmas! 
Be good humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment