Thursday, November 3, 2011

Everybody needs a little Salt and Pepper..

Meet Salt and Pepper

I went to Lynden Farm and Garden to pick up some chicken feed.  That's all.  Just chicken feed.  But Debbie - the clerk there - had brought in three young silkies to sell.  They are such a cute breed.  They have feathers that look like fur that even cover their feet.  The three she brought in were white, black (which might be a male) and buff.

I walked away without them.  I mean I'm crazy.. but I have my limits.  It seems though my limits stretch a little too easily.  After a brief consultation with Peter, I went back to get the three silkies the next day.  On my way in I named the buff colored one -  "Buffy the Grub Slayer" and I pondered names for the white and black one, settling on some lame ones.  Just as I walked in - there was a young woman at the counter paying for the buff colored chicken.

Grumble grumble.  I considered taking the woman down.  But her father was with her and I decided against it.  Given that I only had the pair - I decided my lame names needed to be replaced with a "set" of names.  Thus:  Salt and Pepper.

This morning Pepper decided to wake the universe with several very loud "Cock-a-doodle-doos!!"  yeah..  He's a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment