Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween costume?


Guess again..
I'm sick. I have cooties. A wracking cough, stuffy nose, laryngitis, a bit of a fever even. I was all snuggled in on the couch, covered up, working at sweating away my germs.
The phone rings. The mom is in a panic - she's having chest pains and she needs her niece there. I resisted suggesting she call her (don't you think that took amazing self control?) and told her I would be right there.
Once I got there I was issued this lovely accessory. The on-call nurse and I determined that the chest pains were "normal" and that she just needed to breathe as her heart was oxygen starved. Of course Mom couldn't hear me and with the mask she couldn't read my lips so fun and games ensued.
Now I am going to reposition myself on the sofa - I wish someone was here to bring me a hot toddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment