Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Slumber Party!


This is Silverton Reservoir. It's beautiful in it's fall colors. I was there today enjoying beautiful weather and gorgeous scenery.

You see.. I made a mistake at work. About 3:00 I said to a co worker, "Only 3 more hours and I'll have worked a WHOLE day! How unusual will that be??" Shortly after my phone rang. My mom was in a panic. She was claustrophobic and wanted me to come and remove all the stuff on her walls - and her furniture - and well.. everything. I went over and whisked her away for a drive in the country. I thought for sure that would make her better. Then I bought her ice cream and a hamburger. Ice cream almost always makes ME feel better and I was raised to believe that food fixes everything. ("Here Sharon, have some cookies/cake/soup/jello/pork/potatoes. That will make your stomach ache/broken heart/fender bender/bad day/lost car keys all better!")


When I got her back to her apartment she was still unsettled. I removed all the photos that we painstakingly hung. Not good enough. I removed the TV I had Peter take over there on Sunday. Not enough. I removed the lamp and hid the plants and clock and .. well.. everything. she was still in a tizzy.


So I brought her home. I hauled Peter's bed down the stairs, set up her room for her and made her comfy. She was asleep in less than 20 minutes.

Tomorrow I will feed her a really big breakfast and add some ice cream and cookies. That'll fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment