Friday, October 9, 2009

My little baby bird had flown the nest

I feel so bereft. I am so worried. Will Mom make friends? Will she be late for dinner/breakfast/lunch? Will she be frightened? Will she miss me? What if she needs me and I'm not there? What if she can't find the light switch? What if she can't find the bathroom? What if she get's hungry? What if she get's cold? What if she can't figure out the heater? What if she hates me for putting her in that place?

Sparky thinks all the same things. I know.. she keeps going into mom's room, looking at the room and noticing the missing stuff and then she glares at me like I'm evil.

What do you suppose she thinks? First Sophie left us. Then my son, Kyle left us. Now Mom has left us. Do you suppose she's frightened that she might be next? Poor Sparky. She seems very worried.

Not only that but do you suppose I'm just the type of person who HAS to worry? Do you suppose I'm just a nut case, following close in my mom's footsteps?

No comments:

Post a Comment