Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Less that 600 days!

592, to be exact. Just thought I would throw that out there because, on occasion, that is the only thing that keeps me going.

What an adventure today was! I'm supposed to be going back to work now. The "company" says they need me. I suppose maybe. Anyway, the great plan was to take mom back to her place about 8:00 and show up at work at 9:00. Only two hours late.

There were two snags in my little plan.
  1. Mom didn't wake up until after 8:00; and then when she DID wake up
  2. She refused to go.

#2 was the big problem. She told me that she felt abandoned and wanted to go live in Texas, or wherever my brother lives (he lives in Florida) and be with someone who would actually care about her, take care of her and help her. She wanted someone she could count on.

I probably don't need to go into detail on my feelings about those statements. Not that my brother wouldn't fill all those rolls. He's utterly awesome and would SO be there for her if he didn't live 3000 miles away. My thoughts really centered around me. It's all about me, after all.

But I digress.. After an intense, long and emotional discussion she agreed to go back and CONSIDER living there. But first I took her to get her hair done (I know.. girls! The things that make them feel better!) and then I took her to lunch (Food! The universal fix for anything!). I settled her in and left her alone for two hours - as a test. She passed.

I have charged a couple lol's (little old ladies) with bringing mom into the community environment. Yeah Cinny and Barb! They promise to drag her kicking and screaming (if necessary) to bingo games, bunco games, crossword puzzle hour, music minute, wii bowling..

Now we wait to see if she is able to tolerate the night and the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment