Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a hat!


I know.. It doesn't LOOK like a hat.. but it is. Or at least it started out that way. 64 stitches wide.. just like the pattern prescribed. But as I completed rows I noticed my stitches were not a consistent tension. So I decided to turn my hat into a practice piece. The good news is that I've picked up the knitting again.
Things have been a little crazy in my house in the last week. We moved mom into an assisted living facility last Friday. My office, not satisfied with my return to normal hours, has yanked my telework priveledges, plus we have the mandatory furlough day tomorrow, my laptop died and Jill and I have cooties.
Work, cooties & laptop issues are transient and not a big deal. Mom is settling into her new place fairly well. I've gotten three or 4 phone calls from her in a panic, or semi-panic asking how to turn on the shower, how to get to the dining room, that sort of thing. I called the facility and THEY took care of her. How nice is that? Don't get me wrong - except for today I've been there at least twice a day to help her adjust. But she sure doesn't need my germs so I will keep my distance until I'm germ-free.
I heard from Korinna of The Goat King's daughter this week. She has offered to let me milk one of her goats. How cool is that? I'm thinking of making this a Sunday excursion.. but I haven't contacted them yet and don't know if they are available - it may have to wait a few weeks.
So there you are.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are picking up with the knitting again! I am still working on my scarf...

    ReplyDelete