Monday, February 1, 2010

I Can't get enough!

I told you I'd be back when I got this felting thing out of my system. I lied because it is NOT yet out of my system - and yet I'm back. My new lovely yarn arrived last week and I knitted. I knitted late into the night. I knitted at work. I knitted on the train to Peters. I knitted at Peters. I felted at Peters. My bag is done. I want to make another!

Before:



After:










But anyhooo.. I said I knitted on the train to Peters. I went up on Thursday and just came home today. I think there is some sort of time warp... or problem in the space/time continuum (who remembers Dr. Who on the Public Broadcasting station?).. or some weird thing where time goes at least twice as fast up there in the north. I was there for 3 full days and 4 nights, and I feel like I had to turn around and go home just after I got there. It's not fair and I want a do-over!

Of course.. it's not like we just sat around playing board games. There were sticks to pick up, gardens to prep, weeds to pull, kittens to play with, movies to watch, knitting to knit, waterfalls to see, restaurants to try, dishes to admire (I found out I like Spode), tea to drink, yarn stores to explore, wood to chop (okay.. I just watched Peter chop wood.. he's such a lumberjack!) petticoats to try on (not so lumberjack'ish), sunsets to admire and so much more.

And while I was having so much fun up north I left my children to watch each other. When will I learn? Although, they did pretty well - uh - until they caught the gas bbq on fire and burnt it up. Fortunately they managed to put it out before the pergola went up in flames. I think my 19 year old needs a babysitter. How weird is that?

And then there is "no-news" Mom news:

Mom news has been scarce recently. Mostly because there just isn't much to report. She is settling in nicely to her place. She seems mostly well-adjusted and happy as can be expected. My wonderful Uncle Art and Aunt Carmela asked that I include even "no news" news so they can be kept abreast of things. It turns out they want a tea cozy too! How exciting! Now I have a reason to keep knitting.

1 comment:

  1. This photographer employs two themes, compulsive knitting and nuclear destruction. I don't know of any other blogs dealing with knitting, so here you go:

    http://tinyurl.com/yd2muub

    ReplyDelete