Monday, February 8, 2010

Hidden treasures

The most wonderful thing happened today. I have a photo at work of my dearly departed dog, Loki. He was a gorgeous standard poodle. We got him in 1988. The photo was a very cute one of him as a puppy but it was somewhat damaged. A co-worker begged, BEGGED me to let her take it out of the rickety old frame and see if it could be salvaged. Against my better judgement I agreed to it. Behind the picture of my beloved Loki was an even older photo. Preserved by it's location in the frame. I think this was taken in 1983. I think.


4 comments:

  1. Who is that handsome devil? and where is the Loki pix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Peter, and yes, that was his real hair back then too! I figured someone would ask about Loki's photo. We were unable to remove the picture without damage. It appeared to be glued to the glass.. or something. I shall try to scan it, glass and all, but I don't have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how cute. Were we ever really that young? I was just copying some video tape onto DVD shot a few years later. By happenstance, it was the first time Stu's future bride-to-be met my folks. She met them at my daughter's second b-day party, hence why it was on tape. The point is that we were all incredibly young, but that video brought me right back. Just like the photo you found (albeit I wasn't there). It's almost like we are older AND younger at the same time. Maybe photos do capture a piece of our souls, or at least a little of who we were at the time ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best! It's great that this treasure was under Loki!

    ReplyDelete