Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update

It's been a week and a half since I blogged. Nothing notable has happened. Or maybe, notable things, just not very exciting. Let's do a quick recap.
  • My mom told me I didn't become human until I was 13. That's kinda funny because so many kids STOP being human about that age. In reality she didn't remember my existence prior to my teenage years. A little prompting and the memories started coming back to her.
  • I learned a new joke: Q: When is a good time to go to the dentist? A: Two thirty
  • I spent 4 hours toiling away on a project at work - only to be told that I was given the wrong information so it all had to be dumped.
  • I've been sick and stayed home from work for 2 whole days last week. I never left the house. Heaven.
  • I cancelled my gym membership and bought a treadmill - I've worked out on it every day I've had it, except one.
  • Peter and I went to the beach on Sunday. I watched the surf and stacked rocks. It was very peaceful.
  • I've begun my first "commission" knitting job. Someone saw my turquoise bag and wanted one for themselves. I'm not getting paid - but she bought the yarn so it's all good.
  • Jill has joined the ranks of the employed. Sort of. She's doing volunteer work that will turn into a paid position in a couple of months. She's assistant coach at a gymnastics facility. She's teaching toddlers to tumble. What a fun first job!

Whew. That's over. I was suffering from a form of writer's block. Big white space.. what do you write about? Now that's over. Tomorrow I shall tell you all about another conversation I had with Mom and perhaps I'll mention happy endorphins and I'm still reading about raising goats. I'm getting very excited about the future.

1 comment: