Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

My TYPoE has been going for a year (one year and two days to be exact). Holy cow.

I have a burning desire to tell you about my weekend. But given that I just discovered I'd hit the one year mark I think it's important I spend a moment reflecting on my goals and my advances.

I shall edit my "Things still to do" list:
  • Learn about goats - done. They are not related to cats or dogs. They are browsers not grazers
  • Learn about organic stuff - Definitely need to learn more about this!
  • Learn how to knit - I think I've got it. I want to get better though.. but I certainly have the basics down.
  • Learn how to milk a goat - yes! I'm looking forward to this lesson.
  • Learn how to card and spin wool - Have a book. Just got some beautiful wool - Found a place in Lincoln City that will teach me - if I can get over there mid-week. I'm ready to learn!
  • Learn about necessary business license - oh yeah.. I've made NO progress on this.
  • Learn more about goats - Absolutely need to learn more. For one thing I need to finish the book Peter got me. And I will - as soon as I can put the knitting down. I've found I can not knit and read at the same time. darn it.
  • Learn how to make better goat cheese - I think "more exciting" would be a better goal. Apparently my goat cheese is just fine, I just need to learn how to add herbs and flavors.
  • Learn how to make goat soap - I want to do this. It involves lye. I'm scared.
  • Get my kids through High School and Independent - You know.. this may not happen for a very long time. But Jill's graduation from High School remains the target date.
  • Get my house ready to sell - On going and still has to stay on the list. I have a new floor. That's a start.
  • Sell my house - Can't even START this until next spring. I'll put it at the bottom.
  • Buy a funky pink bicycle - I shall wait until I move. There is no place suitable around here for riding a funky pink bicycle.
  • Find someplace for me and my goats - Peters house. He said I could. But you guys already knew that.. didn't you?

The past year has gone quickly. It's been exciting to learn new things. Something I think I should continue doing even after this set of goals has been reached. I look forward eagerly to see what the next 15 months brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment