Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coop de temporary villa

My chickens have a new, temporary, home.

As I suspected - I didn't quite understand Peter's vision when assembling the coop. Over the phone he explained that I needed to replace the wire with plywood, cut a hole in the front, build a door, hinge the lid, cut a hole in the side, insert the nest box, attach a hinged lid, put in the box support, put in a heater and air conditioning, don't forget the plumbing and a roof. Add a jacuzzi, french doors, refrigerator, plant hanger, square dance... I was lost. I have created this makeshift coop from my original attempt. For the next two weeks I will move Carmen, Carmen and Lucy to the yard in a make shift pen under supervision. When Peter arrives HE can finish this vision. I'm lost.

But.. don't they look so big now?

On another note - I start my new job tomorrow. It's so scary.. starting something new. I'm excited and a nervous wreck at the same time. I'm worried about what I'll be doing. What the expectations are. Where I'll eat. Where the bathroom is. Who I'll be working with. What I'll wear - I think I may get my ID photo taken tomorrow... A picture that will haunt me for the next year if it's less than flattering. With any luck they will use my previous id picture - it was a good one and I was 50 pounds lighter and looking "HOT!" As if I've ever looked hot. hahahahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment