Thursday, June 10, 2010

Job Report

First.. knitting report. I believed knitting was not a summer activity. It's true. But what it's REALLY not is a new kitten activity. now.. job report..

Despite my best intentions. Despite my dire predictions - I am really liking my new job! It's like I am a professional, I was hired to do a job and I'm being allowed to do it!! How weird is that? Earlier this week I made a recommendation on something and you won't believe what happened.. they DID it! There are just a couple things I don't really care for. My cube is in the basement, behind the elevators, around the corner, w-a-a-y back in the back. There are three other people that work back there. They are application developers - by nature, quite, introspective sorts who seem to have some vocal issues or permanent laryngitis. They seem like fine people. They rarely speak. I ate a cracker with lunch the other day - the sound my crunching made was deafening. I find myself opening drawers very slowly and deliberately - don't want to make extra noise. It's weird.

It's quite depressing for this very social butterfly. :(

As you can see from the picture above my cube in the basement is very gray and dreary.. but here is the funny part, below is a photo of the bathroom on my floor. It's loud. It's orange. It cracks me up. It seems the last time it was remodeled was the 70's.

And yes, I'm aware tha this is the THIRD time I've shown a bathroom photo in this blog. I'm sure I have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. but it's such a happenin' bathroom! Hey, I don't think I was able to tell you but not only is M's daughter Sara pregnant but my son and his wife are expecting and they are two weeks later. End of January for one and Feb 9th for the later. I'm happy that you're liking your job even if it is tooooo quiet.

    ReplyDelete