Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Work, work work work...

And Edna. When last I was in Lynden Peter and I camped out at Edna's house so that she would not be alone at night. Peter continued to camp there after I left. Edna passed away this morning about 6:30. Peter was able to be with her. I'm glad. I liked her. She could be cantankerous and grumpy, but she was a good person and I bet she was full of mischief and a ton of fun in her younger days. Although I did not know her well I shall miss her.

And knitting! I'm knitting a "shrugigan." Not felted. Not difficult. Just a lot of knitting. I'll show you when it's done.

And work. I'm winding up my second week at the new job. Up until today it's been a lot of "hurry up and wait" and planning, reading and preparing for the unknown possibilities. Just trying to keep busy while the foundation get's built. Not my favorite thing to do.

TODAY was different. I had a 9:00 am meeting with my pilot project owner. She was full of ideas. I left her desk with a long list of things to prepare, on my way out I stopped by my software admin's desk who informed me the software was up and we were ready to start testing! How exciting.. so much to do so quickly! I got back to my desk and there were 5 e-mails from my boss! I hadn't heard from him in a week and now this?? Where has he been for the last week and why did he choose now to surface??

I'm now Project Manager on two other projects - one of which I've never even heard of before.

I had all these meetings to arrange and groups of people to gather. I am not up to speed on groups and gathering places. I went in search of assistsance. Guess what?? It turns out I have someone to tend my calendar and make my appointments. How cool is that?

Today went by so very quickly. I know I was at the office for 9 hours.. but it seemed like 1/2 that. I like it. The next year should go very swiftly and then I can put all this "work" behind me and live the life of luxury I deserve tending goats, plowing field, weeding gardens, building a house, planting hosta's, making wine & mead & beer, knitting, felting, tilling, digging, raking.. Man! I can't wait to quit work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment