Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm home.

Again. I'm home. I think it get's harder to leave there every single time.

Of course, the fact that I left there with a car FULL of stuff didn't make it any easier. It was packed to the gills. I really thought I was supposed to be moving my stuff that direction - but no, my car was laden with goodies. I had three chickens in the back seat, chicken feeders, chicken feed, all the parts of a chicken coop, two rolls of wire, a five week old kitten, a bag of yarn (Lynda's was continuing with their going-out-of-the-yarn-business sale), my luggage, cat litter, cat litter box, cat food, cat food bowl, water bowl, extra water for the creatures...

The kitten, Joie, wasn't very inclined to stay in her designated spot and Honda doesn't make seat belts that tiny. She yowled at the top of her little kitten lungs for 45 minutes. She tried to climb through the holes of her laundry basket/car seat. Then, she slept. Then she yelled. Then she slept. and so forth - for 7 hours! Apparently it's exhausting to be a high-stress kitten.

The chicks travelled pretty well. They were nicely situated in a large rubbermaid container. The car was warm, they had food and water and seemed quite accepting of the entire adventure.

I spent today trying to assemble the chicks new domicile. Peter & I had cut all the pieces out and labeled each one appropriately. We went over how to put it all together and I was sent on my way. It's such a challenge to put together someone else's vision. I'm not done yet and I'm pretty sure I didn't quite get HIS vision - but Carmen, Carmen and Lucy should be happy in their new little house. I'll post pics as soon as it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment