Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Knitting knitting knitting

Well.. it's finally happened. I've thrown myself into my knitting. It took me forever, but I finally finished the project I worked on all summer. Then I finally made Peter his long-promised hat. Now I have three (yes THREE) knitting projects going at the same time.

One of my projects is a Christmas gift for Peter... only I found out he doesn't need it and he already has a version of it. My eagerness to finish this project for him has waned considerably.

Then I began working on some more coffee cup cozies. I thought they would make perfect gifts for co-workers and casual aquaintances. After a full week, I've got one partially done. Perhaps I should re-think this gift idea.

My third project is a "green grocer bag." It's a reusable shopping bag that is knitted in a lace pattern. This is a new thing for me and I'm really liking it! (not only that.. but this is NOT a felted project!).

The Katten insisted on being in the picture of my grocer bag - plus the picture doesn't do it justice. At all!

Other things are plugging away in my household.
  • We've toured two colleges for Jill. She's made up her mind (Seattle Art Institute) but I keep insisting she look at others.
  • We tore the temporary wall down that created my mother's bedroom. Unfortunately the contractor I hired put up my temporary wall as a mostly permanent installation. I have severe drywall damage to the permanent structure.
  • My mother is gaining strength and mobility after she fractured her pelvis. Although right now she seems to be suffering from a touch of the flu.
  • I'm down to just over 200 days and I've started moving some stuff up to Peters with every trip we make north.

How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment